[Pythonmac-SIG] readline

Michael Hudson mwh@python.net
02 Dec 2002 15:11:06 +0000

Skip Montanaro <skip@pobox.com> writes:

> The readline interface is pretty dumb.  In particular, you can't edit
> compound statements as a group.  You have to reenter the lines prior to the
> line you want to edit (generally using Ctl-P or Ctl-R to search for them),
> then correct the line with the mistake.

Cue pyrepl plug:

   http://starship.python.net/crew/mwh/hacks/pyrepl.html

It's similar to readline, but does multi-line editing.  I haven't
tried it on 10.2; I use it all the time in Terminal.app on 10.1,
though.

Cheers,
M.

--
  Remember - if all you have is an axe, every problem looks
  like hours of fun.                                        -- Frossie