[Pythonmac-SIG] Pepper is no more :-(

Chris Barker Chris.Barker@noaa.gov
Tue, 20 Aug 2002 10:47:53 -0700

Hi folks,

I just took a look at Maarten Hekkelman's web site
(http://www.hekkelman.com), and found the following note:

End of story

I'm no longer taking orders for my software.

Thanks to all who supported me and my software over the last years. I
had a great time, esp. in the beginning. However, recent changes in the
various OS's and several not so nice experiences with less than honest
'clients' combined with negative feedback on my software have forced me
to stop.

-Maarten Hekkelman

I was about to buy a copy of Pepper, as it looks like the best option
for Python editing on the Mac, and he had recently released versions for
Linux and Windows as well. I was so exited to find a powerful editor
with all the features I need/want, that was available on all three
platforms that I use. I'm sorry that the business didn't work out for
him, and I'm sorry that the MacPython community has lost a nice text
editor. He does have links to download the latest version of Pepper, but
it doesn't look like it will work without an existing registration key.

-CHB

--
Christopher Barker, Ph.D.
Oceanographer

7600 Sand Point Way NE   (206) 526-6329   fax

Chris.Barker@noaa.gov