[Pythonmac-SIG] AppleEvent examples

Jack Jansen Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com
Sun, 11 Aug 2002 00:30:23 +0200

On zaterdag, augustus 10, 2002, at 12:13 , Robin Siebler wrote:

> I'm trying to learn how to automate some tasks in CodeWarrior
> using MacPython.  Well, really, I'm trying to puzzle out how to
> do them in AppleScript and then pulling my hair out trying to
> figure out how to convert what works in AppleScript into
> something that works in MacPython (if only autocomplete worked
> on the Mac, that would help).  Are there any examples anywhere
> of using MacPython and AppleEvents?

Unfortunately there are no good examples:-( The
Demo/applescript.html is about the only documentation there is,
and the example it uses won't work under OSX...

If anyone could come up with some good examples that would
really be very welcome. I think AppleScripting could be one of
the areas where Python can really shine, but there's still quite
a bit of a hurdle you have to jump over to get started.
http://www.cwi.nl/~jack -
- If I can't dance I don't want to be part of your revolution --
Emma Goldman -