[Pythonmac-SIG] editing Python scripts on OS X

Lee Joramo lee.list@joramo.com
Sun, 28 Apr 2002 21:11:45 -0600

I say go with BBedit. Down load the Demo.

I believe that BBedit is the gold standard of a GUI programmers text editor
on any platform. Unix has some great terminal based editors. And Windows has
.... well I have never found a Windows text editor I liked. To my personal
tastes, only BBedit achieved the perfect balance of usability and power in a
GUI text editor.  The current full commercial versions of BBedit (not the
freeware Lite version) have excellent python support. BareBones provides top
notch technical support via email and their several mailing lists. And they
actually have a well written an informative manual.

If you are looking to save a little money as other people have mentioned,
Pepper is very good. Yet Pepper is not quite up to the level of BBedit.
--
Lee Joramo
<http://www.joramo.com>