[Pythonmac-SIG] editing Python scripts on OS X

Ryan Wilcox ryanwilcox@mac.com
Sat, 27 Apr 2002 23:09:28 -0400

On Saturday, April 27, 2002, at 1:35 PM, altis@semi-retired.com (Kevin Altis) wrote:

>You can use TextEdit to edit Python files, but again it isn't Python-aware.
>That leaves Alpha and BBEdit and those aren't free and I haven't spent any
>time with them yet (well both of them many years ago, but that doesn't
>count), so I'm not sure of how well they work with Python.

BBEdit works excellently.

Well, ok.. the latest version (6.5.1) of BBEdit works excellently. 6.5
didn't work so hot with python - but they fixed the "show-stopper bug".
(something with pressing option-rightarrow or something... I don't
remember)

Syntax colouring, Run functionality, Check Syntax, function popup. All
the fun toys.

HTH,
-Ryan Wilcox