[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.2b1 import errors were a false alarm

Russell E Owen owen@astro.washington.edu
Tue, 30 Oct 2001 09:44:22 -0800

Sorry...I forgot to move Python 2.2b1 to my usual location before trying to run my code. Once I fixed that import errors went away. Apparently when the interpreter starts up, it sensibly ignores any paths that don't exist.

I am seeing a new error in my code, but no idea at present what it might mean. I'll report again when I figure it out. (I'll append a traceback, but I doubt it's informative. I'd wait to diagnose it, but wanted to correct my earlier import error report.)

-- Russell

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "RussMain:Languages:PythonRO:TUI:Interface1_3.py", line 55, in ?
    telWdg = TelStatusWdg.TelStatusWdg (telWin, dispatcher=dispatcher)
  File "RussMain:Languages:PythonRO:TUI:TelStatusWdg:TelStatusWdg.py", line 18, in __init__
    self.miscWdg = MiscWdg.MiscWdg(master=self, dispatcher=dispatcher)
  File "RussMain:Languages:PythonRO:TUI:TelStatusWdg:MiscWdg.py", line 131, in __init__
    self.updateClock()
  File "RussMain:Languages:PythonRO:TUI:TelStatusWdg:MiscWdg.py", line 139, in updateClock
    self.utcWdg.dataWdg.set("%s:%02i:%02i" % currUTCTuple[3:6])
SystemError: error return without exception set