[Pythonmac-SIG] ANNOUNCE: Tcl/Tk for Mac OS X (fwd)

Tony Lownds tony@metanet.com
Tue, 16 Oct 2001 09:20:38 -0700

Its not a success because:

* The end product didn't behave well.

* I had to put all of those -I directives that point into the
framework instead of just using the framework.

* Fixing that will require a patch to _tkinter.c (90% sure), a patch
to makelocal so that -framework options are passed in compile steps
as well as linking steps (70% sure) and maybe some changes from Jim
Ingham
(not very sure yet).

But it compiled, import _tkinter worked, Demos/tkinter/guido/hello.py
produced a window. It took ages to display, never grabbed focus
correctly, and didn't quit when clicked but it did display.

-Tony