[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: 2.2a3 problems

Christopher Smith csmith@blakeschool.org
Mon, 08 Oct 2001 17:03:41 -0500

cjl@physics.otago.ac.nz writes:

>The long_exp and a couple of others fail due to MacOS memory management
>so that is expected (see the Readme with regards to which tests) it
>sounds to me like Python is running out of memory while doing the tests.
>I have had this happen when Python was running on a seperate partition
>from that of the OS.  So if you haven't done it already try increasing
>Pythons memory partition.

Thanks.  I thought it was something more exotic.  I increased the memory
from 4 M to 10 M and got the following:

<cut>
test test_threaded_import skipped --  can't run when import lock is held
<cut>
131 tests OK.
6 tests failed:
    test_descrtut test_longexp test_sha test_socket test_time
    test_zlib
34 tests skipped:
    test_al test_bsddb test_cd test_cl test_commands test_crypt
    test_dbm test_dl test_fcntl test_fork1 test_gl test_grp
    test_imgfile test_largefile test_linuxaudiodev test_locale
    test_mmap test_nis test_ntpath test_openpty test_poll test_popen2
    test_pty test_pwd test_signal test_socket_ssl test_socketserver
    test_sunaudiodev test_sundry test_threaded_import test_timing
    test_unicode_file test_winreg test_winsound
1 skip unexpected on mac:
    test_threaded_import
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in ?
  File "Macintosh HD:Local Apps:Python 2.2a3:Lib:test:regrtest.py", line
238, in main
    sys.exit(len(bad) > 0)
SystemExit: 1

It looks fine except that the test_threaded_import was skipped.

/c