[Pythonmac-SIG] Python package maker for OS X Installer.app

Dinu Gherman gherman@darwin.in-berlin.de
Sat, 10 Nov 2001 12:00:03 +0100

Hi,

I'm working on a little Python tool creating OS X packages
(extension .pkg), that Installer.app can use to install any-
thing, sources or binary files, anywhere. These packages are
basically directory wrappers containing an archive created
with pax (instead of tar) plus a few additional resources and
option files presented and/or used during installation.

If anybody is keen on giving it a try, please email me. There
are a couple of issues left, like generating multi-volume
packages that some more experienced people might be able to
help me with, localised installation resources, and the like.

Sooner or later, I'd like to include that into distutils, but
I'm not sure this will be an easy thing to do...

Regards,

Dinu

--
Dinu C. Gherman
"The world becomes a better place as a result of the refusal