[Pythonmac-SIG] Not getting the header files

Ben Golding bgg@object-craft.com.au
Fri, 25 May 2001 11:07:39 +1000

On Thursday, May 24, 2001, at 12:55 , B RAJESHWARI RAO wrote:

> While doing Python interface to Sybase relational database system we
> are not
> getting the header files 'ctpublic.h' and 'bkpublic.h'.Can u pls tell
> me where
> we can find these header files.

These files are from the  Sybase client library distribution so it
sounds like
they haven't been installed on your system.  Which Python Sybase module
are you
trying to use?  My company, Object Craft, distributes one so you might
like to
try contacting its author Dave Cole directly at djc@object-craft.com.au
if you're
using that.

If you don't have the Sybase client library, it may be worth
investigating
http://www.freetds.org who have reverse-engineered a good part of the
Sybase
client library and have made their efforts freely available.

	Ben.