[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: Compiler flags question for OSX compilation...

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Sun, 20 May 2001 13:53:46 -0700

At 10:22 -0700 5/20/2001, Daniel Lord wrote:
>Per the recommendation in the README file distributed with the Python-2.1
>source straight from python.org, I did this:
>
>./configure OPT='-g -traditional-cpp'   --with-dyld

That README is somewhat dated (actually, now that the Mac OS X Public Beta
has "expired," the README is quite dated).

Here's the way the Mac OS X comment starts out:
Mac OS X: You need to add the "-traditional-cpp" option to the
        compiler command line for the Mac OS X Public Beta.  This is
        appearantly[sic] a bug in the default pre-processor, and is
        expected not to be a problem with future versions.

I elected to believe that the expectation at the end of the second quoted
sentence was realized, and I found Python built just fine without the
"traditional-cpp" stuff.

Once I increased the stack space with limit stack 4096, the tests ran as
expected, with what I think were the right few failed tests.

  --John

--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA