[Pythonmac-SIG] Question about updating Tkinter

Richard Gordon richard@richardgordon.net
Sat, 19 May 2001 14:50:25 -0400

At 9:41 AM -0700 5/18/01, Russell E Owen wrote:
>Tk 8.3.3 has recently come out, and I wonder if anybody knows how/if
>it's possible to upgrade Tkinter to use it (MacPython 2.1, Mac OS
>9.1)? Not that I have to have it "right now", but I'm curious.

I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that you'd need to have the
development libraries for both python and tcl/tk and link to them in
order to recompile python with a new version. Once you had that
sorted out, it might be that _tkinter.c would take care of things on
its own. I think that I could manage this on my own under *nix, but I
have yet to figure out MPW and do not care to dabble in C to begin
with, so Code Warrior isn't a compelling purchase item.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Design
Web Design/Database Development
http://www.richardgordon.net