[Pythonmac-SIG] Problem with Piddle plotting with Python 2.1

Deirdre Saoirse Moen deirdre@deirdre.net
Tue, 8 May 2001 13:19:40 -0700

>Mac OS Error: (-192, 'Resource not found')
>

>The offending code is in Wbase.py :
>
>_cursors = {
>	"watch"	: Qd.GetCursor(QuickDraw.watchCursor).data,
>	"arrow"	: Qd.qd.arrow,
>	"iBeam"	: Qd.GetCursor(QuickDraw.iBeamCursor).data,
>	"cross"	: Qd.GetCursor(QuickDraw.crossCursor).data,
>	"plus"		: Qd.GetCursor(QuickDraw.plusCursor).data,
>	"hand"	: Qd.GetCursor(468).data,
>	"fist"		: Qd.GetCursor(469).data,
>	"hmover"	: Qd.GetCursor(470).data,
>	"vmover"	: Qd.GetCursor(471).data,
>	"zoomin"	: Qd.GetCursor(472).data,
>	"zoomout"	: Qd.GetCursor(473).data,
>	"zoom"	: Qd.GetCursor(474).data,
>}
>
>I'm guessing one of the Qd. calls is the problem, but I have no idea
>which one.  Does anyone know what the trouble is?  Is there a fix?
>Thanks for any help.

One of the cursors listed doesn't exist in the resource fork of the
file it's opening. It should, with a tool like ResEdit, be fairly
easy to determine which is the offender.

Alternately, you can comment out each line one by one and see which
one(s) are the problem. The named cursors are part of the MacOS
proper, so they shouldn't be the problem. I'd start with "hand"
myself.
--
_Deirdre     Stash-o-Matic: http://weirdre.com      http://deirdre.net
                                                          - Douglas Adams