[Pythonmac-SIG] Have to run ConfigurePythonCarbon after each reboot

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Tue, 01 May 2001 12:38:59 +0200

> I am new to the delights of Python so please excuse my ignorance.
>
> I downloaded MacPython 2.1 on April 27, and it looks great! The only problem
> is that whenever I try running my one and only applet after starting or
> restarting the Mac, I get the error message: The application ... could not
> be opened because PythonCoreCarbon could not be found.
>
> Then I run ConfigurePythonCarbon and everything works just fine. Until the
> next reboot. I am running Mac OS 9.0.4.

Have you installed Python on another disk than the system disk? If so you
should copy PythonCore and PythonCoreCarbon in stead of aliasing them
(ConfigurePython offers to do this).

If you're not running off another disk than the system disk it could be that
you're running into a new problem. If you can send me the full output of your
Apple System Profiler I may be able to deduce what's happening.