[Pythonmac-SIG] PythonMac vs Python Unix for Mac OSX cgi

Benjamin Golinvaux golinvaux@benjamin.net
Thu, 29 Mar 2001 17:35:33 +0200

The recipe to succesfully build Python 2.0 on OSX is at :

www.zope.org/Members/jshell/ZopeOnOSX

The modifications are needed mostly because of the case-unsensitive
aspect of HFS+ (how about UFS ???)

It worked fine for me using the standard source tree

It seems support for OSX is still better in 2.1b...

Hope this helps.

BTW, I also succeded installing SWIG on MacOSX by modifying the
SWIG folder to _SWIG and patching the various makefiles accordingly...

Benjamin Golinvaux
Arboretum Systems, Inc.
www.arboretum.com