[Pythonmac-SIG] wxWindows Example

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Thu, 15 Mar 2001 08:31:41 -0800

At 10:09 -0800 3/14/01, Chris Barker wrote:
>The only other option is tk. While at the moment, tk does function at
>least somewhat on the Mac, It isn't really robust enough for substantial
>projects, and I don't think it has a really promising future (see Jack's
>the other ports, but I do think it has a lot of promise. If no one uses
>it, and no Mac developers take an active interest, it won't get better.
>wxPython has given a real boost to wxWindows development (on Windows and
>*nix) by giving it much more exposure, a larger user base, and a larger
>develper base. wxMacPython could do the same for the Mac port if we can
>get it started.

I'm not interested in doing anything more with tk than the
slightly-more-than-hello-world toys I've done.  They were strange enough.

At work, we use Python in a command line and text sort of environment (we
don't run X eXcept on the physical console to deal with tools which are
X-ish, and we don't do Windows on the servers).  So I don't have much
compulsion to help push wxPython on Mac (or Linux, or Windows).

All that said:  I hope many someones do.

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA