[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1b1 is ready!

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Wed, 07 Mar 2001 10:22:27 +0000

I installed on my mac "system" volume.

Rebooted into x
Ran the PythonIDE > crashed
Ran the Interpreter > crashed
Ran ConfigurePythonCarbon > It complained about not being able to find the
libraries (they're in the same folder
Ran Interpreter > lots of errors had to kill
Ran EditPythonPrefs and selected system:Python 2.1b1 as python's home folder
Ran ConfigurePythonCarbon > still complained about not being able to find
the libraries (they're in the same folder
ran Interpreter > Worked!!!
ran PythonIDE > worked!!! with funny menus

...a funny glitch was the dock bar icon getting drawn at 0,0 rather than in
the Dock

It's great to see MacPython on OSX, I think I'd lose the will to live if I
had to use vi or emacs.