[Pythonmac-SIG] BBEdit Python support

Chris chriss@dnastar.com
Sat, 3 Mar 2001 22:24:33 -0600

At 4:51 PM -0800 3/2/01, Russell E Owen wrote:
>I have found one minor bug so far:
>\" in a string does not seem to be recognized as just a part of the
>string. hence a string such as:
>    "\"foo"
>will show "\" in pink, foo in black and the final " and following
>stuff in pink again.

That's correct, in fact it dosn't realy understand about tripple-quotes
at all, it thinks '''xyzzy''' is
empty-string: 	''
quoted-string:	'xyzzy'
empty-string:	''

I recall having an earlyer attemt at a languemodule which was smarter in
the way it parsed python, though it never worked well with bbedeit.

I may have relased this prematurely, but I've been using it for some time
and I wasn't sure when I'd be able to get back to it.

As it looks now, I can probably take a look at salvaging bits of a
smarter scanner, sometime in the next cople days.

>Also...any idea if the BBEdit language module SDK allows automatic indenting?
No.
You can turn auto-indent on or off for each file (3rd menu on window header),
but this just starts each line at the same indent as the one above,
the language module has no control over this