[Pythonmac-SIG] Can't install even

tom smith tom@othermedia.com
Mon, 11 Jun 2001 16:59:34 +0100

> I still haven't been able to properly install python. I've tried a number of
> times, and after each time my system has started showing weird behaviour
> needing a complete re-install.

So I run the ConfigurePythonCarbon thingy, BUT, I check the "run in classic"
chackbox and it manages to make the IDE and the interpreter. Although it
does crash at the end whilst trying to alter PythonCGISlave.py

And what do you know, the IDE runs. It complains of corrupt preferences, so
I removed them from wherever I could find them...but now I can't find any
preferences that have been created anywhere (where should they be?)

So it's up and running, so why can't I...

>>> import Tkinter
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "<input>", line 1, in ?
ImportError: No module named Tkinter