[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.1.1c2 available

Corran Webster cwebster@nevada.edu
Thu, 26 Jul 2001 14:40:26 -0700

>  > Unfortunately I was not able to locate the python script which performs
>>  all the test. Give me a hint?
>
>Start the interpreter and type
>  >>> import test.autotest

Running the test on CarbonPython 2.1.1c2 on a G4, 540 MHz, OS 9.1,
using the interpreter (not the IDE) I'm getting _really_ odd
behaviour.  It runs fine unless I switch another application to being
the frontmost one.  When I do, the Python script crashes, sometimes
with a KeyboardInterrupt exception, and sometimes with _no_
explanation about the exception raised, for example:

Python 2.1.1c2 (#96, Jul 25 2001, 23:07:15)  [CW CARBON GUSI2 THREADS] on mac
>>>  import test.autotest
test_grammar
test_opcodes
test_operations
test_builtin
test_exceptions
test_types
test_MimeWriter
test_StringIO
test___all__
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 1, in ?
   File "Macintosh HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):Python
2.1.1:Lib:test:autotest.py", line 6, in ?
     regrtest.main()
   File "Macintosh HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):Python
2.1.1:Lib:test:regrtest.py", line 137, in main
     ok = runtest(test, generate, verbose, quiet, testdir)
   File "Macintosh HD:Applications (Mac OS 9):Python
2.1.1:Lib:test:regrtest.py", line 251, in runtest
     __import__(test, globals(), locals(), [])

This seems to be a problem with the interpreter, rather than the test
suite, since I can get the same error as follows:

>>>  for i in xrange(10000000L):
...  pass
Traceback (most recent call last):
   File "<stdin>", line 2, in ?
KeyboardInterrupt

There isn't any problem with the IDE as far as I can tell.

Regards,
Corran