[Pythonmac-SIG] The Official MacPython LineEnding Converter Competition

Gordon Worley redbird@mac.com
Sun, 15 Jul 2001 12:10:41 -0400

At 3:11 AM -0400 7/15/01, Richard Gordon wrote:
>At 10:44 AM +0200 7/6/01, Jack Jansen wrote:
>>Entries should be sent to the list, and the whole list will judge
>>which script
>>wins. If there's a tie the list maintainer (indeed, me:-) gets the
>>tiebreaking
>>vote.
>>
>>Entries should be in by August 1.
>>--
>
>Am I correct in believing that no entries have submitted thus far?
>
>If this doesn't "have legs" as a competitive challenge, perhaps it
>will go somewhere as a collaborative effort? The end product is
>certainly needed and I for one am not too ashamed to post my own
>meager efforts, have some genius tell me I should be using classes
>and show me how, have some ultra-genius tell him how badly he
>screwed the pooch and show both of us how, etc.

I have something that kind of works, but it's a command line tool
that I use to Unixify my files.  I'm working on adding help and such
so that it will be nice to use.  I'll post it soon, but if someone
wants to add a Mac interface and all that would be nice (before I
post it I'll add in an option to Macify and even DOSify files and do
the tab conversions, since that code can be found all over the place
Online :-)).
--
Gordon Worley                     `When I use a word,' Humpty Dumpty
http://homepage.mac.com/redbird/   said, `it means just what I choose