[Pythonmac-SIG] Installing pygame on MacPython classic

David Glasser me@davidglasser.net
Fri, 13 Jul 2001 21:53:17 -0400

So I wanted to play around with pygame on Mac.  I go to pygame.org and
download what is billed as "compiled python package directory, for macos
classic".  (I got the source too, although my C compilers are aging.)  I
unstuff it and am faced with five .py files (with matching .pyc's), a .ttf
font, and a bunch of .slb's that have the suspicious string "carbon" in
their name.  I'm not sure how to install them (I guess I must have missed
the "installing modules on MacPython docs"), and I'm not sure if this is
even Classic.

So where do I go from here?  (Other than rebooting into LinuxPPC, which
still isn't doing sound output on my poor little iMac DV.)

--David Glasser

me@davidglasser.net