[Pythonmac-SIG] setting search path on OS 9 behind $(PYTHON)

Larry Meyn lmeyn@mail.arc.nasa.gov
Tue, 10 Jul 2001 13:56:00 -0700

I had the same desire to protect files while allowing easy Python upgrades.  I used to use aliased folders, but they broke after Python 1.5.2.  Now I use double colons as shown in the the following lines to specify folders in the parent folder containing Python:

$(PYTHON)::packages
$(PYTHON)::PythonProjects