[Pythonmac-SIG] Re: executing scripts on OS X

Doug Wyatt doug@sonosphere.com
Mon, 9 Jul 2001 16:50:08 -0700

--Apple-Mail-4--764460665

On Monday, July 9, 2001, at 01:54 PM, parks kevin wrote:
> Re: executing scripts on OS X
>
> funny thing is that if you su root and do it the script acts as
> expected. Just type hello.py at the prompt without the path and the
> script executes just like a real operating system for big boys and
> girls. Is this Apple's way of saying unless it is applescript don't
> script on your macintosh?

Still sounds like a path/rehash problem ...

> NeXT was never this restrictive you could even see all your invisible
> files in the browser (it wasn't the finder then, a finder is something
> that finds things, like grep or sherlock).

There is a way (please don't ask me, I don't know what it is) to see the
Unixy files/directories in the Finder.

> Thanks for indulging me my queries! I promise to lurk again soon. This
> is a great list thanks to everyone! If there are actually any people on
> this list who are running OS X (seems to be more linux than OS X here
> these days!) and can figure out what is up, it would be good to know.

I live on X and run Python scripts on the command line frequently.

Doug

--
Doug Wyatt
work:  dwyatt@apple.com

"It's kind of fun to do the impossible."
	-- Walt Disney

--Apple-Mail-4--764460665

funny thing is that if you su root and do it the script acts as
expected. Just type hello.py at the prompt without the path and the
script executes just like a real operating system for big boys and
girls. Is this Apple's way of saying unless it is applescript don't
script on your macintosh?

</excerpt>

Still sounds like a path/rehash problem ...

<excerpt>NeXT was never this restrictive you could even see all your
invisible files in the browser (it wasn't the finder then, a finder is
something that finds things, like grep or sherlock).

</excerpt>

There is a way (please don't ask me, I don't know what it is) to see
the Unixy files/directories in the Finder.

<excerpt>Thanks for indulging me my queries! I promise to lurk again
soon. This is a great list thanks to everyone! If there are actually
any people on this list who are running OS X (seems to be more linux
than OS X here these days!) and can figure out what is up, it would be
good to know.

</excerpt>

I live on X and run Python scripts on the command line frequently.

Doug

</color>--