[Pythonmac-SIG] Learning Python on the Mac

Mendelsohn, Danny DannyM@WSG.com
Mon, 2 Jul 2001 17:26:03 -0400

Hello,

I downloaded Python 2.1 a couple of weeks ago and have been goofing of with
it at work on my NT Workstation(blech!) I really like Python and wan't to
take it a step further and really try and learn the language. I use Mac OS
9.1 at home and I've gone ahead and installed Python. I was going to buy the
o'reilly book by Mark Lutz. Does anyone know if I can apply what's in that
book to the Mac OS distribution of Python or are there glaring differences?

I guess what I'm most concerned about is the lack of a real command line and
having to deal with all that Mac Toolbox crap I've heard about.

Any thoughts would be much appreciated.

Thank You

Mogador