[Pythonmac-SIG] jython on Mac problem

Richard Gordon richard@richardgordon.net
Mon, 8 Jan 2001 00:42:31 -0500

hi-

I recently stumbled across Jython (http://jython.sourceforge.net),
the apparent successor to JPython, downloaded it, and followed the
Mac install instructions. I can get it to run, but once the java
console comes up, it shows the usual version stuff then the >>>
prompt, then drops another line, and I can't type anything in the
console or otherwise make any use of it. The menus do work and I'm
able to quit, but this is pretty frustrating.

I don't have an email address for the guy who posted the Mac
instructions (L. Humbert?), so I thought I'd see if anyone here has
run into this and, ideally, found a solution? I am running OS8.6 on
an 8100->G3 and have tried rebooting with only Apple base extensions
with no luck. Thanks for any help.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Design
Web Design/Database Development