[Pythonmac-SIG] Anyone else tried the 2.1a2?

Tattoo Mabonzo K. tmk@easynet.be
Wed, 21 Feb 2001 15:08:01 +0100

Yo,

On Wednesday, February 21, 2001, at 02:53 PM, Jack Jansen wrote:

> Ah, thanks for the report! Next time, could you reply to the list (so =
that =20
> other people also don't go chasing down things you've already found)?=20=

Sure. That's what I intended but somehow manage to not to do it :-/=20

> =20
> Here's answers and more questions:=20
> =20
> > - One thing I've noticed is that LaunchCFMApp consume > 85% of the =
CPU when the IDE is=20
> running (~ 50 when running the interpreter only) and as much as 65% of =
my memory (320 megs=20
> an only Mail, Process Viewer, Clock and BetterConsole are running)=20
> =20
> Yes, I noticed this too. The Python Idle routine doesn't behave very =
well =20
> under OSX. I'll have to investigate this.=20
> =20
> > - When I launch the IDE, there's a window that briefly popups =
briefly stating something=20
> that the regex module deprecated in PyFontify, and that 're' should be =
used instead.=20
> =20
> Ah, bingo! I never got around to finding out what the text was that =
was =20
> printed, but it's the depracation warning, of course!=20
> =20
> I'll convert IDE to use re in stead of regex.=20
> =20
> > - Running test.autotest I get a lot of "exceptions.IOError: [Errno =
13] Permission=20
> denied: '@test'"=20
> > also the get spinning ball cursor all time time and Python becomes =
totally=20
> irresponsive. Jack, I can send you my complete log if you will here =
just the summary:=20
> > =20
> > 85 tests OK.=20
> > 15 tests failed: test_builtin test_exceptions test_array test_bufio =
test_dumbdbm=20
> test_file test_gdbm test_gettext test_gzip test_imageop test_import=20
> test_largefile test_mailbox test_rgbimg test_zipfile=20
> =20
> Hmm, I get the impression that every test that uses a temporary file =
(or only =20
> temporary files in the current directory?) fails. Did you install as =
an =20
> admin-user or not? Were you running it as the same user as you =
installed as? =20
> Could you try creating a file in the Python folder (both via Python =
and via =20
> some other method)?=20

You're right. My mistake. Later on, I realized that I installed as root =
in an /Application sub folder and was running Python as a non-root user =
thus not having the needed credentials to write in the Python folders.
I moved my Python installation in a under /Public and now I no longer =
get the above exception. Here's the summary of the log:

98 tests OK.=0D1 test failed: test_gzip=0D28 tests skipped: test_al =
test_bsddb test_cd test_cl test_crypt test_dbm test_dl test_fcntl =
test_fork1 test_gc test_gl test_grp test_imgfile test_largefile =
test_linuxaudiodev test_mmap test_nis test_openpty test_poll test_popen2 =
test_pty test_pwd test_signal test_sunaudiodev test_sundry test_timing =
test_winreg test_winsound=0D

Much better :-).

I'm now running thousands of lines of my python code (Web App) through =
the debugger to see what's broken with this alpha.
I'll report my findings to the list later today.

=3D tmk =3D

http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm =20