[Pythonmac-SIG] Python 2.2 Framework linking and distributing (was: _REENTRANT)

Adam Eijdenberg adam@switchedonsoftware.com
Mon, 31 Dec 2001 00:21:18 +1100

> That's right, but if you add the switch to the commandline it won't
> even try the precompiled headers and you won't get the warnings.

Thanks again for your detailed reply.

If anyone's interested the switch is:

-Wno-precomp

resulting in:

cc -Wno-precomp *.c -framework Carbon -framework Python

> That has the disadvantage that all other compilations, which expect
> _REENTRANT to be undefined, will give the reverse warnings:-( But if
> you really want to do this: yes, there's a commandline tool that
> regenrates them. "man -k precompiled" or looking up precompiled
> headers in Developer section of Apple Help should give you the
> invocation.

No worries, just found the docs.

That solved, this brings me up to query number 2.

After compiling I get the following linkage warnings:

/usr/bin/ld: warning unused multiple definitions of symbol __objcInit
"link editor" definition of __objcInit in section (__DATA,__common)
/usr/lib/libobjc.A.dylib(objc-runtime.o) unused definition of __objcInit

If I configure Python with --disable-toolbox-glue then I don't get these.

Will those cause any problems or can I safely ignore them?
(not that I'm too fussed as I don't need any of the Carbon stuff)

And, if I compile as per above, does this mean that all I have to do is
copy my executable and the Python.framework to another machine and it
will all... just work?

Kind regards,
Adam Eijdenberg

Switched on Software