[Pythonmac-SIG] Please test the 2.2 installer

Richard Gordon richard@richardgordon.net
Sun, 23 Dec 2001 23:27:30 -0500

At 10:40 PM +0100 12/23/01, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Are you sure you don't have CarbonLib installed? There's quite a few
>packages nowadays that install it, and if you have Carbon then the
>installer will pick that as the preferred configuration....

Now that you ask, yes I do. I'm not sure exactly how I wound up with
it, but it almost certainly was there when I installed the c1 version
a few days ago and probably for some time before that and c1 sorted
things out ok, as did 2.1.

Out of curiosity, why doesn't the installer just get the system level
instead (I've forgotten, but it seems like that's a gestalt thing)?
Thanks.

Richard Gordon
Gordon Design
Web Design/Database Development