[Pythonmac-SIG] more on MacPython/OSX/shared lib

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Thu, 20 Dec 2001 21:27:36 +0100

Recently, Paul Miller <paul@fxtech.com> said:
> >My next step is to remove all my Python code and see if I get the error
> >without linking against Python.
>
> Back to square 1 for me. I removed the Python lib and all my Python code
> and I have the same problem. It must be something in global initialization
> in my own code. For yucks I disabled the __initialize and __terminate entry
> points in the linker options and I ended up with an assert in my code
> (which was expecting the static initializations to happen).

Hmm, my guess would be either a bug in CodeWarrior, or (probably more
likely) you using the wrong runtime library. Especially if you use C++
you have to be careful with which runtime library you use where,
because the zero-overhead exception handling will fail otherwise. And
you shouldn't use Python as an example, because it doesn't follow the
rules (but gets away with it being a C program). You might want to
spell out the MW Targeting MacOS manual.
www.cwi.nl/~jack        | see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/spg-l/sigaction.htm