[Pythonmac-SIG] ConfigurePythonCarbon pukes on OS X.1

Jeff Harmon jeff.harmon@adobe.com
Tue, 18 Dec 2001 09:26:17 -0800

Anyone know what these symptoms from ConfigurePythonCarbon are trying to
tell me?

1) Download and run the Python 2.1.1 or 2.2b2 carbon kits on OS X.1;
2) Watch as the Installer mentions that "the config tool will likely die
when I sublaunch it on OS X" (it does);
3) Jump back to Finder and manually launch the (carbon) config tool;
4) Watch as the tool stops responding while "Creating PythonCore aliases..."

The Console receives a number of...

GUSI: (fLocked > 0) -- assertion failed.

...messages just prior to the config tool's death.

I've tried both MacPython distributions (211/22b2) under my admin accouunt
and root without success.  Now I'm officially stuck awaiting your esteemed
assistance.

Happy Holidays,
JR

PS - 211 runs fine if I boot into with 9.x (although I haven't managed to
get the build environment/dependencies settled down enough to directly build
it).