[Pythonmac-SIG] EMBEDDED MacPython (Carbon) + OSX - should this work?

Paul Miller paul@fxtech.com
Fri, 14 Dec 2001 15:51:07 -0600

>It depends (doesn't it always:-). If your app (or shared library) is
>CFM-based then MacPython is the best choice, but if it is Mach-O based
>then unix-Python is better.

Okay, you will have to forgive my ignorance - I'm new to OSX and not much
of a "Mac guy" in the first place. What is CFM? If this means that the host
app is OS9/OSX compliant (ie. Carbonized and OSX compatible), then yes.

>As to why your app crashes: without further information there could be
>so many reasons that it's difficult to even guess. Start by looking in

I was able to run in CodeWarrior, and the crash seems to happen when my
shared lib (which is really a plug-in into an OSX-compatible app) is
dynamically loaded. At least, the crash stack seems to be down in some dl code.

Does that help?

--
Paul T. Miller | paul@fxtech.com | http://www.fxtech.com