[Pythonmac-SIG] 2.2 compile problem

Nathan Heagy nathan@vividworks.com
Tue, 11 Dec 2001 14:29:43 -0600 (CST)

I'm getting the following error when trying to compile the latest beta of
Python 2.2 on OS X 10.0:

dyld: ./python.exe multiple definitions of symbol _COLS
/Users/nathan/Documents/Downloads/Python-2.2b2/build/lib.darwin-1.3.3-Power
Macintosh-2.2/readline.so definition of _COLS
/Users/nathan/Documents/Downloads/Python-2.2b2/build/lib.darwin-1.3.3-Power
Macintosh-2.2/_curses.so definition of _COLS

An acceptable solution for me is to not build curses support at all - I
don't need it in python. However it isn't enabled in Module.Setup so I
think one of the Makefiles has snuck behind my back to build it without my
consent.

Any ideas?

Nathan