[Pythonmac-SIG] Problems with MacPython 2.1b1 and Tkinter etc.

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Sun, 08 Apr 2001 21:09:10 +0200

Recently, Stefan Witzgall <stefan.witzgall@online.de> said:
> Hello,
>
> I installed MacPython 2.1b1. Now I am running into problems using tkinter:
> _tkinter could not be found. Also ped and example2 in the Mac:Demo-folder
> crash.
>
> Are there any hints or advices?

Tkinter only works in the classic execution model. The newer 2.1b2
distribution has a better warning for this.

Ped indeed has a problem, it uses the Scrap manager in a
non-carbon-compatible way. I'll fix this.

Example2 has no problems on my machine, so it could be that (a) the
bug is fixed since 2.1b1 or (b) something is different on your machine
from mine. Could you send me the stacktrace?