[Pythonmac-SIG] MacPython 2.0b1 released

Samuel Smith smith@oe.fau.edu
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 23:06:07 -0400

>What is not in this distribution
>--------------------------------
>
>- The garbage collection mods to 2.0 have not been enabled, mainly
>due to lack of test-time.
>- Stackless Python/microthreads are not in here. Ask on the
>pythonmac-SIG if you want them.

It says ask if you want stackless python and microthreads. I want them thanks.
I have been using it for some simulation tasks.

>- Carbon support is not in here, but should be happening as soon as
>GUSI is ready.
>- Distutils is not in here, again due to lack of time.
>
>Known problems
>--------------
>
>This list is far from complete, more problems may be listed on the
>MacPython homepage,
>http://www.cwi.nl/~jack/macpython.html.
>
>- The IDE and Tkinter do not work together. Run tkinter programs
>under PythonInterpreter.
>- Aliases do not work in sys.path entries.
>
>--
>Jack Jansen             | ++++ stop the execution of Mumia Abu-Jamal ++++
>Jack.Jansen@oratrix.com | ++++ if you agree copy these lines to your sig ++++
>www.oratrix.nl/~jack    | ++++ see http://www.xs4all.nl/~tank/ ++++

**********************************

Samuel M. Smith Ph.D.
Professor
Director Advanced Marine Systems Lab

**************(Dania SeaTech Building)***********************

Institute for Ocean and Systems Engineering
Florida Atlantic University
Rm. 225 B, SeaTech Bldg.
101 North Beach Road,  Dania, FL 33004

(voice) 954-924-7232