[Pythonmac-SIG] charset conversions

tmk [microscript] tmk@microscript.be
Mon, 11 Sep 2000 09:26:57 +0200

Thanks Jack (and Just).

I'll be waiting for Python 2.

I'm planning to use this feature extensively for web form processing (being
able to correctly handle european languages like french and spanish) and
email (MIME seems to favor ISO-8859-N encodings).

I'll certainly report my findings back to the list as soon as I've been able
to experiment with MacPython 2 beta.

Btw, any hint as yet as to whether MacPython 2 beta is carbonized for MacOS
X (Public Beta) (as opposed to still being a 'classic' app). I'm planning to
switch to that OS as my main OS as soon as it's available (ie hopefully by
the end of the week).

Another btw are some mac pythoneer going to be present on Apple Expo on
Paris on the 13th? I'll be there and it would be cool some of you guys and
gals :-).

= tmk =