[Pythonmac-SIG] Python on on a second drive

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Fri, 13 Oct 2000 08:03:22 -0700

At 16:07 +0200 10/13/00, Jack Jansen wrote:
>Does anyone else know of MacOS problems with aliases in the Extensions folder?
>I do notice that PythonCore is the only alias I have in the extension folder
>on my machine, so maybe it isn't a good idea to have aliases there in the
>first place?

I'm dubious about an alias to a file on a late-mounting drive in the
Extensions folder.

It might be worth trying this hack:  put the virtual memory file on the
same late-mounting drive:  I believe that converts the drive to an
early-mounting one.

No time here today, but perhaps over the weekend (which will be my
opportunity to download 2.0c1 as well).  Someone else can probably get you
the answer sooner.

It sounds as if the PythonCore alias points to something that isn't
"extension-like".  In that case, perhaps you could provide an alternate but
well known location, such as
...:System Folder:Preferences:MacPython:PythonCore (probably for post 2.0).

  --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA