[Pythonmac-SIG] [MacOSX] Re: Where are you with Carbonized Python Mac Modules?

Steven D. Majewski sdm7g@virginia.edu
Sun, 19 Nov 2000 19:54:50 -0500 (EST)

Re: MacOSX Python Carbon modules update:

After compiling most of the Mac Modules, and commenting out the
few remaining undefined references ( SIOUXSetupMenus and some others )
I've manages to get Winmodule to build, load and put up a window
on the screen on MacOSX.

There may be some holes left to fall into from some of the bits
commented out, and I compiled with both -DTARGET_API_MAC_CARBON
and -DTARGET_API_MAC_CARBON_NOTYET ( I'm not sure what the implications
of that are (Jack?) -- I was hoping it was for Carbon routines that
weren't yet in whatever version of CarbonLib Jack had to build against.)

FYI: This is the compile command I've been using (from the Mac/Modules
directory ) -- with the addition of -fpascal-strings for macglue.c.

cc -c $MODULE -I../../Include -I../Include -I../..
 -I/Local/Carbon/Universal.Interfaces/CIncludes/ -DHAVE_CONFIG_H
 -DTARGET_API_MAC_CARBON -DTARGET_API_MAC_CARBON_NOTYET $*

I'll try to tar up a snapshot of the current project sometime soon.
If anyone else is interested in hacking at it, drop me a line.

In the mean time, I'm going to try to build a few more modules and
see if I can get something like EasyDialogs.py or Framework.py
to run.

---|  Steven D. Majewski   (804-982-0831)  <sdm7g@Virginia.EDU>  |---
---|  Department of Molecular Physiology and Biological Physics  |---
---|  University of Virginia             Health Sciences Center  |---
---|  P.O. Box 10011            Charlottesville, VA  22906-0011  |---
		"All operating systems want to be unix,
		 All programming languages want to be lisp."