[Pythonmac-SIG] Building external module under MacPython 2.0

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 06 Nov 2000 14:14:53 +0100

> I'm trying to recompile a Python extension that ran under 1.5.1 to
> run under 2.0.  I'm using CodeWarrior 5.  I have the source code for
> the module but am not that familiar with the details of it's
> operation.
>
> After fixing a few other problems (Py_Malloc seems to have become
> more type-sensitive - the API docs suggest it may be gone, replaced
> by PyMem_Malloc?), I'm down to this error:
>
> Error   : the file 'sys/time.h' cannot be opened
> pyport.h line 95   #include <sys/time.h>

Your project file should have the "interpret unix/dos paths" option turned on,
and the GUSI2/Include folder should have the recursive bit turned off.

The example xx.prj project has this all correctly, but if you're converting an
old project that doesn't help you much, of course. Still, you could check the
various preferences settings for xx.prj and your project side-by-side to see
what has changed.