[Pythonmac-SIG] Quiet lately? Here's a big one....

Erik van Blokland erik@petr.nl
Sun, 28 May 2000 18:43:10 +0100

>At 13:30 Uhr +0200 26.05.2000, Jack Jansen wrote:
>>And, as Python can also
>>generate OSA commands you can indeed control lots of applications from
>>Python.
>
>Unfortunately the reverse seems to be not possible (like calling Python
>functions/methodes from Applescript, getting/setting attributes etc.). :-(

Using MiniAEFrame you can build a script that responds to specific
appleevents, which you can call directly from ScriptEditor/AppleScript
using that weird direct-event-calling syntax. Documented here:

     http://developer.apple.com/techpubs/macos8/InterproCom/
     AppleScriptScripters/AppleScriptLangGuide/AppleScript.60.html#33963
(URL should be 1 line)

If you add nicely defined aete resources, you can write the higher level
applescript language that you can use in ScriptEditor/AppleScript. The
only editor for aete resources I've found it Resorcerer, costs something
but is worth it.
     http://www.mathemaesthetics.com/GenInfo.html

Hope this helps,
Erik van Blokland