[Pythonmac-SIG] Python on Mac OS X

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Mon, 22 May 2000 20:48:05 +0200

Recently, Doug Wyatt <doug@sonosphere.com> said:
> [wyatdo:~] doug% python
> Python 1.6a2 (#8, 05/22/00, 12:34:49)  [GCC Apple DevKit-based CPP 5.0] on ne
> xt
> Copyright 1991-1995 Stichting Mathematisch Centrum, Amsterdam
> >>>

> Cool!

If you're feeling adventurous and you're swimming in spare time you
could try to add some of the mac-specific modules and see what
happens. Nav might be one that does something interesting if it can be
gotten to work. But don't spend too much time on it: my guess is that
migrating from MacPython to MacOSXPython will be the easier route than
migrating from NextPython, given carbon.