[Pythonmac-SIG] MacASCII to ISO-Latin conversion

Oliver Wrede owrede@khm.de
Thu, 30 Mar 2000 18:04:06 +0200

Hello.

This may be a FAQ, but I did not find any hint on this subject.

I have the problem with Mac users typing special chars into an browser
textarea to enter text into a UNIX based database.

The ASCII code which is stored in the database is mac-ascii, which causes
problems when processing the information in the database.

I need a possibility in python to convert mac text to iso-latin and back so
every text insterted into the database is clean ISO-Latin format.

I looked at string.maketrans() and string.translate() in the Python
Documentation, but I am not sure how to use these...

Oliver

.. Oliver Wrede
.. owrede@khm.de

.. Academy of Media Arts, Cologne
.. Peter-Welter-Platz 2 . 50676 Koeln, Germany
.. http://www.khm.de
.. ICQ# 6580315
.. PGP 6.0 Fingerprint:
.. 922C FFA2 9A07 5B8E CB2A  10A2 C370 6A62 2232 196C