[Pythonmac-SIG] Getting data out of FileMaker fast

Bill Bedford billb@mousa.demon.co.uk
Mon, 27 Mar 2000 14:50:15 +0100

At 12:30 pm +0200 27/03/00, Pieter Claerhout wrote:

>Hello all,
>
>what is the fastest way to transfer data from FileMaker Pro on the Macintosh
>to Python. I made a set of databases in Filemaker, and I want to convert these
>to static HTML using Python, but this has to be quite fast.
>
>I tested it with the FileMaker vs Python package from LettError, but
>it's not fast
>enough for what I want to do with it. Any idea on how to speed up things?

I haven't done this with FileMaker, but Hypercard cant be just as
slow responding to Appleevents. The trick is to write a Filemaker
script to do what you have to and wrap it in a 'doscript' appleevent
called from python.

--
Bill Bedford                            mailto:billb@mousa.demon.co.uk

Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness.