[Pythonmac-SIG] More Mac CGI

Jörg Kantel kantel@mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de
Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:38:19 +0200

>I managed to install an evaluation copy of WebStar -- the "active
>installer" contains all neccesary files for a minimal HTTP server setup, so
>there's no need to download the full 44 megs. The pythoncgislave.py script
>I posted earlier does not work as is, because I can't find a way to make
>WebStar launch *.py (or whatever extension) files with a different app,
>like I did in the past with Quid Pro Quo. So it seems the CGI *must* be an
>applet under WebStar.

Hi Just - it _works_ in the same way as in QuidProQuo - I did it for
Frontier behind WebStar in the past:

1. Create an alias of pythonslave.py script and rename it
pythonslave.acgi. Place this alias in the cgi-bin folder of WebStar.
2. Create a new action called PYTHON with a path of :cgi-bin:pythonslave.acgi.
3. Create a new suffix mapping: map the .py suffix ton the PYTHON
action. You can set file type and creator to * and mime type to
text/html (you can handle your Python CGI for the proper mime type,
so you can overide the default).

That's the way I run Frontier behind QuidProQuo as well as behind
WebStar. It should run with Python also (I hope ;o)

HTH
J"org

J"org Kantel		Max Planck Institute for the History of Science
Computer Department	http://www.mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de/staff/kantel/kantel.html
Wilhelmstr.44	email: kantel@mpiwg-berlin.mpg.de	email
private: joerg@kantel.de
D-10117 Berlin	phone: +4930-22667-220		fax: +4930-22667-299