[Pythonmac-SIG] Doc cgi python

John W Baxter jwblist@olympus.net
Sat, 25 Mar 2000 20:25:22 -0800

At 14:49 +0100 3/25/2000, Just van Rossum wrote:
>We need to map as many of these key/value pairs to compatible os.environ
>key/value
>pairs. This should be enough to get the cgi module working. Then all there
>is left to do is look into the >32k problem... If I understand it
>correctly, this
>is a matter of sending additional AE's back to WebStar, using the original
>AE's connectionID.

That's the essence, but I haven't done this for many years (since a WebStar
data from before StarNine days), and I don't remember the details.  It was
in Frontier that I was playing with it.  There's a way to say "more data to
come" and another way to say "this is the last of it".  It was sometimes a
useful protocol even for short responses:  the initial response, even if
totally dataless, stopped at least one timeout clock, giving one time to
compute a response if one didn't otherwise have time.

   --John
--
John Baxter   jwblist@olympus.net      Port Ludlow, WA, USA