[Pythonmac-SIG] Doc cgi python

Just van Rossum just@letterror.com
Fri, 24 Mar 2000 18:31:31 +0100

At 12:20 PM -0500 24-03-2000, Robin B. Lake wrote:
>> Subject: [Pythonmac-SIG] Doc cgi python
>>
>> Hello,
>>
>> How execute a script cgi python with WebStar ?
>> Or where I can find documentation on the cgi with python ?
>>

>Internet Programming with Python
>Aaron Watters, Guido van Rossum, James C. Ahlstrom
>M&T Books
>1996
>ISBN 1-55851-484-8

I don't think that book answers how to do it on a Mac, under WebStar...

Last time I looked, CGI parameters are handled to the CGI program as
AppleEvents.

Anyone out there successfully using Python CGI under WebStar?

I once wrote a simple long-running Python server, which would receive AE's
from the web server, and then execute .py scripts. Never used in a real
application, but maybe that apporach could still work; it saves a lot of
startup overhead. It's a shame noone had the time yet to implement a
compatibility layer to be able to use straight unix CGI's...

Just