[Pythonmac-SIG] OptionMenu widget crashes the interpreter

Bill Bedford billpy@mousa.demon.co.uk
Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:47:47 +0000

At 9:45 am +0100 20/03/00, Peter Funk wrote:

>Hi Craig!
>

>>  Am I correct in
>>  assuming this is not available on the Mac platform? If so why?
>
>You could download it from <http://www.dscpl.com.au/pmw/>
>Unfortunately there is only a Unix .tar.gz file available.  If you
>have a Linux-Fileserver, it it no problem, to unpack the
>distribution there and get access to the folder via netatalk.

No need for this Stuffit Expander 5.5  will unpack it for you. From
their Read Me:-

* We've added support for Tar (.tar), Zip and UUcode to StuffIt
Expander. Expander can access virtually any file found on the
internet. The list of built-in file types supported by StuffIt
expander is now:
      - StuffIt (.sit, .sea)
Note: There are over 15 different varients of StuffIt (from 1.5.1 to
5.1), including encrypted variations, all are supported by StuffIt
Expander.
      - Private File (.pf)	Aladdin's e-mail encryption product.
      - Disk Images (.img, .smi)	Expander can mount images created by
Shrinkwrap or Apple Disk Copy.
      - BinHex (.hqx)	All versions.
      - MacBinary (.bin)	All versions.
      - TAR (.tar)
      - UU (.uu, .uue)	The equivalent of .hqx on the PC.
      - Zip/GZip (.zip, .gz, .tgz)	Zip is a popular Windows format.
Expander supports encrypted Zip files as well.

>Until now I don't know where to drop the Pmw folder on the Mac
>'site-packages' works fine under Unix/Linux and WinXX.

As long as it is in your Python Path it will work.

--
Bill Bedford                            mailto:billb@mousa.demon.co.uk

When I said I had a memory leak, I wasn't referring to RAM...