[Pythonmac-SIG] WxPython for MacPython

Jack Jansen jack@oratrix.nl
Wed, 15 Mar 2000 10:52:16 +0100

> While I understand what you're saying, I think in the case of wxPython this
> may be bad advice: wxPython is already wrapped by SWIG on other platforms,
> so it's probably a bad idea to use bgen for the Mac version since it won't
> generate a compatible interface.

You're quite right. I didn't read the original close enough, but on second
reading I saw that what was probably said was that SWIG was already used, and
in that case switching would be a bad idea.

And on the topic of bgen tutorials or howto's, which Robin raised: sorry:
there isn't any documentation. Writing some, and probably streamlining bgen in
the process, has been on my todo list for ages, but it would take a couple of
weeks at least and I don't have that time, I'm afraid. It will happen some
day, I hope....