[Pythonmac-SIG] python, hypercard and apple events

Jeff Senn senn@maya.com
14 Mar 2000 09:34:37 -0500

I'm trying to help someone get a Python script to talk to a Hypercard
stack via AE.  Apparently I can manage to connect to Hypercard (since
I get the expected error if HC is not running), but any AE request
seems to return an error: -10003 (something about volume level being
set wrong) which seems odd...

I can get HC to talk to the echo.py test program and also my script to
talk to echo -- and the event dumps seem very similar...

Has anyone gotten this to work? ...example appreciated... or even
anecdotal evidence that it should work... :-) (Please reply directly to me
as I am not currently on the list...)

--
-Jas