[Pythonmac-SIG] NLSQ w/ Python on Mac.

Rob Managan managan@llnl.gov
Sun, 12 Mar 2000 21:09:39 -0800

At 10:01 AM 3/12/0, Kelvin Chu wrote:
>Hello, fellow Python Mac'ers.
>
>I'm writing to see if anyone has compiled some of the analytical routines,
>such as multipack.py to the Mac platform.  Multipack.py meshes nicely with
>the Numerical package and lets one do non-linear least square fits, etc.
>So I guess my questions are:
>
>1.  Has anyone ported multipack?
>2.  Are there any ported nonlinear lsq fitting routines via python that
>    currently exist on the Mac?
>
>Thanks for any light you can shed on the problem.

I think the sticking point with multipack is compiling the Fortran. I
suppose we could do it with F2C but I have not tried that. I have the
multipack source but have not compiled it as far as I remember. The cephes
package ports easily however.

If I find time I will try to see how hard it would be to port multipack.

Rob Managan        managan@llnl.gov
2115 Westbrook Lane
Livermore, CA 94550
Phone 925-449-3259